What you need to know
1) Who is responsible for your data?
Devon Cottage Organic Fudge is responsible for your data. Our registered address is Partridge Farm, Cheriton Bishop, Exeter, Devon, EX6 6HP. We are the data controller of all data that we collect from you, and as such we control the ways your personal data is stored and the purposes of its use.
2) Personal data we collect about you.
Depending on what products and services of ours that you use, we might collect the following kinds of information about you:
- Your name and contact details
- Email address, telephone number
- Home or business address
- Payment card details – we use PayPal for all card transactions on our website.
In addition, if you have ordered products for a third party we will need to know their name and delivery address.
3) Use of your personal data
We can and will only use your data for one or more of the below reasons:
- To fulfill an order placed by yourself, or by a third party requesting delivery to you
- If we have a legal duty to use your data
- When you consent to it
We will never provide your details to third parties for marketing or other contact purposes.
4) What we use your personal data for.
Below are examples of situations that require use of your personal data:
- ￼￼￼￼￼Legal grounds for using it
- ￼￼￼To enable order fulfilment with your consent
- ￼￼￼Keeping your records up to date
- ￼￼To communicate and manage our relationship with you
- ￼￼To help identify customers for new products
- ￼￼￼￼￼￼To improve customer experience
- ￼￼￼￼￼To respond to complaints
- ￼￼￼Access of previous order details in order to investigate issues.
- ￼￼￼￼Business Processes and fulfilling administrative purposes
- ￼￼￼￼Brand development, product testing
- ￼￼￼￼￼Marketing emails, only with your consent
￼5) How we use your data to personalise our service that we offer to you.
We use data to try and understand more about you and your preferences. We store data supplied by you in order to fulfill and improve our customer service obligations to you.
Examples of where we do this are:
- To communicate with you.
- Marketing – we may send you marketing communications, these will be in relation to products and offers that we feel may interest you and only if you have requested such communications. You can withdraw your consent for marketing communications at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting these communications cease.
6) Period of time that we keep your data
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it. This will depend on what we are using it for. We will actively review data we hold and where we find there is no longer a customer, legal or business need for us to hold it, we will dispose of it securely.
7) How we protect Data
Our website is of WordPress construction and data is protected by antivirus software and the Wordfence firewall.
8) Sharing Data
We won’t share personal data with third parties.
9) Your rights
- You are entitled to see copies of all personal data held by us, and to amend or delete such data.
- You can limit or object to processing of data
- You can withdraw consent for storage of data at anytime
10) How can I contact you?
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by writing to us:
Devon Cottage Organic Fudge
Tel: 01647 24635
We will check this policy from time to time and post any changes on this page.
We may also let you know about these changes by email or social media.
12) Resolving Privacy Issues
We will always try our best to resolve any data privacy issue you may have. You have the right to refer any data privacy issue to the relevant authorities at any time.